Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quick update


Unfortunately due to the restrictions on my time I haven’t been able to update my blog as often as I would like. However, over the next few weeks I hope to remedy that and provide plenty of stories for everyone to read up on.

I had hoped to provide my parents with a cheat sheet of Australian culture so that they would know what to expect when they arrived, but I missed that chance. So, instead, I have asked them to take note of the most significant differences between our cultures and I can tell everyone about them, because I have been in Australia so long I no longer take notice of any weird customs, other than their accents.

I will also be sure to write about the many adventures that I will have while my parents are visiting. As I’m sure anyone who knows my mom at all would expect she has scheduled nearly every hour of the trip with some type of sightseeing trip. We have already begun our travels and everything is going great, other than encountering a couple of venomous snakes sun-bathing on our hiking trail this morning, but welcome to Australia mom and dad!

In regards to soccer, we lost our game this Sunday to Olympic, 3-1, so now we are only 11 points clear at the top of the table. We match up against the Brisbane Roar tonight and then have another tough game this weekend in the league so we are going to have to bounce back from our most recent loss very quickly.

I promise to post a few more blogs in the coming weeks to catch everyone up on what has been going on down here in Australia.

Until then…

No comments:

Post a Comment